Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cake!

I just got done taking a cake decorating class at Michaels and here is some of my handy work....

This was my first cake, I obviously still need some practice with writing. I found out how shaky my hands really are!


Then we made clown cupcakes, they are super easy to make but I was shocked to see how much frosting went into making one!



This was my final cake. Those roses were so HARD! Not only is it difficult to coordinate your hands but that frosting is stiff so it takes a lot of hand muscle to squeeze the frosting out. I was really proud of this cake (it may not look great to some of you but I think it looks amazing!)
I would highly recommend Michaels cake decorating classes to anyone who is interested in learning how. It is a lot of fun but a lot of work too (everything is made from scratch but boy is the frosting yummy).
This Sunday (Valentines Days) is Mikes birthday so im excited to make him a AWESOME birthday cake!

2 comments:

Katie Wolfley said...

Wow Danie! That is awesome, good for you....when will you be in Tri-Cities again?

Julie M. said...

Those are awesome!! I love the roses. I always wanted to know how to do them, but didn't realize Michaels had classes! Thanks for sharing!