Friday, June 5, 2009

The Drive Part 1

So we got kinda a late start on Sunday so we didnt get nearly as far as we wanted.On our way through Montana we saw this bison on the side of the road! It was crazy it was just hang out right on the side of the road eat grass. I dont think I have ever seen on so up close other then in like a zoo. So I just had to stop and get a picture (actually I made Mike take the picture I didnt want to get too close to it just in case). But by the time it got dark the deer were really starting to jump out! Which scares me to death!! So we decided to stay over night in Montana somewhere.

The next day we got up early and started out again. We had a long day ahead of us. Mike wanted to make it to North Dakota that day so that meant about 12 hours of driving!! We were both in separate cars so that made it kinda boring to not have anyone to talk to. But Mike had gotten me Twilight on audio book (he was convinced I would love it, I was not, although in the end I have to say I love Edward!) so that made the time go faster for me. Everything was going just great, we stopped at the Bad Lands to stretch our legs and I had never seen them before so that was pretty cool. About 15 minutes out of Bismark (about 5 hours from Grand Forks) I blew a tire!!! It scared the crap out of me!!! It was a back one luckily so I didnt lose control I pretty much just came to a very abrupt stop. Mike was a head of me and I tried to get his attention but no luck, then I tried calling him but of course he was not answering. But finally he realized that I was no longer behind him! So finally when he found me we put the spare tire on (which was quite the task seeing how we had just gotten the car and had no idea where it was and then we realized that in order to get it we had to unpack the entire trunk!!) But finally we got it on and made the 15 minute drive to Bismark and stayed there over night. It was nice that we got a break because five more hours of driving would have been a killer! The next morning we got up and got the tire fixed (which took forever and was $$) and made our way to Grand Forks! We finally made it!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: