Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nauvoo!

Last weekend me and Mike went up to Nauvoo!

It was my first time and Mikes second time. It is such a beautiful place! We camped out while we were there. Which was actually really nice, not only did we save on money but the weather was great and there were very few bugs!
We started the day out by doing a session in the temple, our trip wouldnt have been the same if we hadnt made time for a session. I was blown away at how big the temple was. It was absolutely gorgeous! Then we walked down to Old Nauvoo and took a carriage ride which took us up to Inspiration Point.

The whole way up to Inspiration Point one of the Senior Missionaries told stories, ones I had never heard before and a few even made me tear up a little. Then we hopped on a wagon ride which took us around Old Nauvoo.

It was a neat way to see the whole town and scope out things that we wanted to come back to and visit. After we walked around Old Nauvoo and hit all the "must sees" we drove down to Carthage.


That is the actually bullet hole that killed Hyrum Smith. It was unbelievable to be in the same room that both Hyrum and Joseph Smith were martyr in. When you go into the bedroom where it took place you can instantly feel the Spirit. I couldnt help getting all weepy when I entered the room.
I am so glad that me and Mike were able to go and visit Nauvoo, and see how the Saints had lived and to learn/better understand the things that they went through. It really does have a special Spirit there, one of sacrifice and true faith.

2 comments:

Elise said...

How cool! I've always wanted to go to Nauvoo, it looks beautiful. That's so cool that you guys got to go there.

abo-bder said...

faniyin
f